Personal mission statement
New year starts off a new life cycle in many of our goal setting and intention alignment practices. Recently, I have come across incredible framework by Stephen Covey (his book 4 Habits of highly successful people was part of our weekly book club with great friends and a book highly recommended to me by The Mystery Man).
Ever since I’ve created my Personal Mission Statement, I have become a lot clearer about my goals in multiple areas of my life and more deeply aligned with my intentions. This exercise has also made very clear why I do certain things the way I do and why I surround myself with certain people etc.
The process proposed by Stephen (slightly summarized by me here) is as follows:
- Feel into and understand who you want to be (focusing on various roles you play as a person: partner, parent, boss, friend, community member, professional etc.)
- What do you want to do (how you’d like to live your life as you embody each of the roles above)
- What your core values and principles are which govern your character and contributions to the outside world
Examples of these statements could be:
- Succeed at home first. Never compromise with honesty. Remember the people involved. Hear both sides before judging. Maintain a positive attitude.
- I will be a self-starting individual who exercises initiative and values originality. I will be a loving and supportive partner. I will be concerned and informed citizen. My money will be my servant not my master.
Try to see for yourself. Life-changing!
For more personal growth / inner work sexy inspiration please join my newly launched Masterclass: www.spiritsexlab.com/masterclass