This past 2nd anniversary with The Mystery Man, part of my present to him included a little book guiding us to come up with our couple’s mission statement. Couple’s mission statement is a great way to align our goals, dreams, have a deep heart to heart conversation on what we’d like our relationship to be. Below is a quick and powerful guide on creating a mission statement – it’s a great idea for established couples, new partners or singles thinking about the type of relationship we’d like to create.
It’s wonderful if you’ve already created a Personal Mission Statement following my last blog’s format so you’re clear about your values and goals. However, you can always start with the following questions:
Our Core Values
- What matters most to us?
- What kind of partners do we want to be?
- How do we want to resolve conflict
- How do we want to treat each other?
- How do we want each of us to feel because of the other?
Hopes and dreams
- What traditions do we want as part of our relationship?
- What do we want others (kids, relatives, friends) to learn about relationships by watching us?
- What are our hopes & dreams?
10 big ideas
Choose the most crucial elements that represent the core of what we value and who we want to become.
- What do we see as our purpose?
- What do we want to be remembered by?
- What are we passionate about?
- What makes us feel the most fulfilled?
- What do we believe in?
Write 5- 10 sentences based on core values and principles that we want to guide our life using
the following questions:
- What do we want to accomplish?
- Who are we doing it for?
- How will we make their and our lives better?
Want to learn more on how to deepen your connection with yourself or your partner? Check out this FREE Masterclass on Sexual Confidence by yours truly: https://www.spiritsexlab.com/masterclass/