“Grieve. So that you can be free to feel something else.” Nayyirah Waheed
Impermanence of this life is tough isn’t it? One of the main human needs, according to Esther Perel, is a need for stability, safety and predictability. How do you deal with letting go of important parts of your life – business losses, relationship breakups, health issues, death?
According to Kubler-Ross Model we tend to grieve in stages:
- Denial (trying to avoid the inevitable)
- Anger (feeling the frustration)
- Bargaining (seeking a way out)
- Depression (final realization of the inevitable)
- Acceptance (finding a way forward)
Comment how you tend to grieve. What works best for you?