“These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.” Rumi
Was just listening to Tony Robbins audio books on personal growth and he mentions that negative emotions serve a very powerful purpose: they signal that a change is needed.
What should we do once we notice this signal? Listen, accept and utilize it. He suggests to follow these 6 steps:
- Identify the emotion
- Acknowledge it
- Get Curious
- Reassure you can handle it based on your past experiences
- Rehearse working through the emotion
- Make changes to your life accordingly
Additionally, here’re three articles I’ve written on working with difficult emotions, hope you’ll find them helpful. These include practical exercises on working through the challenging emotions one may encounter. I use these a lot in my one-on-one healing and sexual guidance sessions.
- Managing Difficult Emotions Part 1
- Managing Difficult Emotions Part 2
- Managing Difficult Emotions Part 3